These are some funny ideas about growing old, but might further stereotypes about aging. Last week I met a woman who seemed to be about eighty who is full of energy and has much still to contribute to the world. She has a storehouse of unpublished photos of famous rock stars from the sixties, when she was a photographer. She dresses like a rocker chic and has many intriguing stories to tell about her colorful past. Her goal is to let the world see her work and hear her stories, so this is enough to keep her interested and moving along with excitement and joy.
I will address these amusing but stereotyping things one by one.
1. Children treasure their parents more as they get older, just before it’s too late. They have weathered life a bit they let go of resentments. Grandchildren often treasure their grandparents as a welcome relief from struggling, tense parents. They might empty their piggy banks to get Nana back.
2.This might be because keeping a wiser hostage who can comfort the others, and see life in perceptive. could get in the way of terrorizing.
3. But you can if you like, since almost all people can keep improving physical health as they age.
4. That might be a joke that old people retire early, but then they get up early for good reason: enjoying the early morning before hustle and bustle.
5. Most older people learn to accept physical issues, focusing on the positive. It helps prepare for death, which is harder for young people to think about.
6. This creates a calm mind that can be helpful to younger, more anxious people.
7,also many older people care less about acquiring physical possessions and enjoy the true joys of living.
8. Maybe older people just want to beat the crowds and enjoy their meals.
9. Although many older people still enjoy sex, some are happy to have less complicated lives with serenity and other pleasures. A sunset means more and more as you age.
10. And some older people relish the fact they can’t remember everything, helping them to focus on the present instead of the past or the future.
Older people are different for a reason, even if younger people don’t understand why unless they take the time to ask questions to overcome prejudice and condescending attitudes towards the elderly.